Mailing List Archive

Xen Document Day : Thank You & Stats
Hi everybody,

I wanted to thank everybody who partcipated in the docs day. Seems we
have an issue getting the word out, that Xen Docs Days exist though. If
you care about docs, please help promote through your social media and
other channels. The next Docs Day is on Feb 25th.

We changed >11K words on the wiki in more than 126 changesets. Changes
to xen.org static pages were made. More than 25 people participated on
IRC, and we had vibrant discussions on how to change navigation, improve
look and feel, make it easier to find things, to visually distinguish
between Xen, XCP, etc. content, and many more. This meant, that I spent
a lot of time at this document day adding notes and adding issues to the
TODO list and investigated how we could fix some issues that were
identified.

This led to new sections in the TODO list, e.g. Mediwiki Issues
<http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_Document_Days/TODO#Mediwiki_Issues> and
XCP : Open work items
<http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_Document_Days/TODO#XCP_:_Open_work_items>.
Also we had new contributors, in particular User:Double-p
<http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/User:Double-p> (who helped categorize many
pages) and User:WeiLiu
<http://wiki.xen.org/wiki?title=User:WeiLiu&action=edit&redlink=1>. This
shows that adding the
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_Document_Days/TODO#Easy_tasks_for_Beginners
section to the TODO as came out of the last docs day, was the right
thing to do.

For detailed acknowledgements, see
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_Document_Days/Acknowledgements/Jan2013 - I
was not aware of any docsday related patches. If I missed you, please
add yourself to the Acknowledgements page.

Thank you again! And see you on Feb 25th.

Best Regards
Lars
P.S.: Feel free to continue contributing to the wiki