Mailing List Archive

Can't deploy xen-arm in Tegra
Hello,

I've already asked about this, but still I haven't found any solution to
my problem. I'm trying to deploy xen-arm on a tegra2 harmony board, but
when it comes to start xen-arm,, my board hangs and stops displaying text.

I download the linux kernel and xen-arm provided in this post:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/xen/arm/233415

And I compile it with the cross-compiler which I obtained from:

https://sourcery.mentor.com/GNUToolchain/release2188?lite=arm

I compile first the linux-xen, and then I compile xen-arm. Both of them
get compiled without errors. When xen-arm is compiled, I download the
"xen" file under $XEN_ROOT/xen/xen into the board, at address 0x8000. I
also tried 0xC0008000, given that I saw it in other tutorials, and
0xFF008000, which appears in the memory map generated by xen in
xen/System.map. I obtain no success with any of them.

Could you please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Many thanks,

Josep

WARNING / LEGAL TEXT: This message is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
information which is privileged, confidential, proprietary, or exempt
from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended
recipient or the person responsible for delivering the message to the
intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing,
distributing, copying, or in any way using this message. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender and
destroy and delete any copies you may have received.

http://www.bsc.es/disclaimer
Re: Can't deploy xen-arm in Tegra [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Did you place linux-xen in the xen_root dir?

I just got the bootloader run, when I tested it on qemu-for-linux.

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 2:45 PM, Josep Subirats <josep.subirats@bsc.es>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've already asked about this, but still I haven't found any solution to
> my problem. I'm trying to deploy xen-arm on a tegra2 harmony board, but
> when it comes to start xen-arm,, my board hangs and stops displaying text.
>
> I download the linux kernel and xen-arm provided in this post:
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/xen/arm/233415
>
> And I compile it with the cross-compiler which I obtained from:
>
> https://sourcery.mentor.com/GNUToolchain/release2188?lite=arm
>
> I compile first the linux-xen, and then I compile xen-arm. Both of them
> get compiled without errors. When xen-arm is compiled, I download the "xen"
> file under $XEN_ROOT/xen/xen into the board, at address 0x8000. I also
> tried 0xC0008000, given that I saw it in other tutorials, and 0xFF008000,
> which appears in the memory map generated by xen in xen/System.map. I
> obtain no success with any of them.
>
> Could you please tell me what I'm doing wrong?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Josep
>

> WARNING / LEGAL TEXT: This message is intended only for the use of the
> individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information
> which is privileged, confidential, proprietary, or exempt from disclosure
> under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or the person
> responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are
> strictly prohibited from disclosing, distributing, copying, or in any way
> using this message. If you have received this communication in error,
> please notify the sender and destroy and delete any copies you may have
> received.
>
> http://www.bsc.es/disclaimer <http://www.bsc.es/disclaimer.htm>

✉ Regards :: Krishna Pavan ✍
Re: Can't deploy xen-arm in Tegra [ In reply to ]
Hi Krishna,

My directories are placed as follows:

/pathtofiles/xen-arm
/pathtofiles/linux-xen

From what I've seen in the makefiles, they should be placed as I
specified, isn't it? Still, it doesn't work when deployed on the Tegra...

Many thanks,

Josep

Re: Can't deploy xen-arm in Tegra [ In reply to ]
Hi Xen-ARM & Josep,

I had a problem with initramfs.cpio.gz.

Also, you will have one zipped folder for dom1 which you should unzip and
place in the linux-xen directory!

Have you done that?
--
✉ Regards :: Krishna Pavan ✍
Re: Can't deploy xen-arm in Tegra [ In reply to ]
Hi Xen-ARM & Josep,

Check for the symbolic links for the interface.

Their paths have to be modified to fit to files in your PC.

--
✉ Regards :: Krishna Pavan ✍
Re: Can't deploy xen-arm in Tegra [ In reply to ]
Do you mean the rootfs_dom0.tar.bz2 file? I already decompressed this
one before compiling, if that's the one you are talking about. What do
you mean by modifying the symbolic links for the interface to fit to
files in my PC? Sorry about my unknowledge...

Re: Can't deploy xen-arm in Tegra [ In reply to ]
Hi,

What do you mean by modifying the symbolic links for the interface to fit
to files in my PC?

As far as I know, you have to give files the correct path.

You can get it from the makefiles.

refer the make files.

Also make a check in the linux-xen to see, if the symbolic links are proper
or not.

This was also an issue, when I had worked on it.

I do not know, if it could/couldn't affect your work, but I got it
corrected.