Mailing List Archive

Questions about deploying Xen ARM on Tegra 3 board
Hi All,

Recently I am playing with the new Nvidia Tegra 3 developer kit and
hope to deploy the Xen ARM on it. The version I am looking at is
downloaded from
git://xenbits.xen.org/people/jm77ryu/xen-unstable-arm.git. It looks a
little different from the way of deploying Xen on x86 machines and I
have some questions about it:

1. Does Xen ARM supports VM migration and dynamic memory management?
(According to the document of Secure_Xen_on_ARM_User_Guide_v1_1.pdf,
Xen ARM only supports “static partitioning” of system memory. But it's
an old doc though).

2. Nvidia released the Linux for Tegra (L4T) with kernel 3.1.10 and
several supports to Tegra. Can I use this kernel as the Dom0 kernel
(since kernel 3.0.0 has contained the support to Xen), or I need to
use the kernel 2.6.18 checked out from the Xen mercurial repository
(does it also work for Xen ARM)?

3. To boot Xen on x86 machines, the GRUB will put the xen.gz as the
kernel and the Dom0 kernel as the module. Here, for Xen ARM, if we use
the xen.gz as the kernel image, then how do we deal with the Dom0
kernel image (vmlinux) (suppose using u-boot)?

Can anyone with experience give me some help and suggestion? Thank you
very much.

Regards,
-Zhuan