Mailing List Archive

Compiling Xen ARM for Android Goldfish
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to compile Xen ARM for Android Goldfish (emulator), since the
wiki and the user guide state that it is possibile to do so.

Unfortunately, it seems that I cannot find the correct GIT/Mercurial
repository or bzip2 older versions where the source code can also be
built for Goldfish. I've downloaded several versions of the source code
from the following links:
1)Jaemin Ryu's personal branch:
git://xenbits.xen.org/people/jm77ryu/xen-unstable-arm.git

2)Stefano Stabellini's xen-unstable git repository:
git://xenbits.xen.org/people/sstabellini/xen-unstable.git/.git

3)Mercurial repository:
http://xenbits.xen.org/ext/arm/xen-unstable.hg/

4)Older versions of Xen ARM:
http://downloads.xen.org/Wiki/XenARM/xen-arm-opensource-20110714.tar.bz2

But in none of them I could find a version where "make menuconfig"
showed "System Type Android emulator board(Goldfish)".

Could you please give me the right pointer or suggestions to compile Xen
ARM for Android Goldfish?

Best regards,
Daniele Sgandurra

Re: Compiling Xen ARM for Android Goldfish [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Here's the link

*Android Goldfish (QEMU 0.82 based Android emulator)*
downloads.xen.org/Wiki/XenARM/qemu-xen_arm-081120.tar.bz2

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 2:28 PM, Daniele Sgandurra <
daniele.sgandurra@iit.cnr.it> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm trying to compile Xen ARM for Android Goldfish (emulator), since the
> wiki and the user guide state that it is possibile to do so.
>
> Unfortunately, it seems that I cannot find the correct GIT/Mercurial
> repository or bzip2 older versions where the source code can also be built
> for Goldfish. I've downloaded several versions of the source code from the
> following links:
> 1)Jaemin Ryu's personal branch:
> git://xenbits.xen.org/people/**jm77ryu/xen-unstable-arm.git<http://xenbits.xen.org/people/jm77ryu/xen-unstable-arm.git>
>
> 2)Stefano Stabellini's xen-unstable git repository:
> git://xenbits.xen.org/people/**sstabellini/xen-unstable.git/.**git<http://xenbits.xen.org/people/sstabellini/xen-unstable.git/.git>
>
> 3)Mercurial repository:
> http://xenbits.xen.org/ext/**arm/xen-unstable.hg/<http://xenbits.xen.org/ext/arm/xen-unstable.hg/>
>
> 4)Older versions of Xen ARM:
> http://downloads.xen.org/Wiki/**XenARM/xen-arm-opensource-**
> 20110714.tar.bz2<http://downloads.xen.org/Wiki/XenARM/xen-arm-opensource-20110714.tar.bz2>
>
> But in none of them I could find a version where "make menuconfig" showed
> "System Type Android emulator board(Goldfish)".
>
> Could you please give me the right pointer or suggestions to compile Xen
> ARM for Android Goldfish?
>
> Best regards,
> Daniele Sgandurra

✉ Regards :: Krishna Pavan ✍
Re: Compiling Xen ARM for Android Goldfish [ In reply to ]
Ya, this is the link.

http://downloads.xen.org/Wiki/XenARM/xen-arm-opensource-20081210.tar.bz2

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 2:42 PM, Daniele Sgandurra <

--
✉ Regards :: Krishna Pavan ✍
Re: Compiling Xen ARM for Android Goldfish [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Re: Compiling Xen ARM for Android Goldfish [ In reply to ]
Thank you very much, that was the only one I hadn't downloaded before, I
thought it was outdated. It seems to be working now.

Many thanks,
Daniele Sgandurra