Mailing List Archive

Announcement: EmbeddedXEN 2.0 available !
Hello,

We are proud to announce the release 2.0 of EmbeddedXEN !

https://sourceforge.net/projects/embeddedxen/

This is the first official release of EmbeddedXEN based upon a new revisited architecture (hence release 2).
We are on the process of documenting the architecture (wiki, publication, etc.).

EmbeddedXEN supports two guest OSes (dom0 and domU). Further technical details
ils about EmbeddedXEN will come up soon through various publications including a dedicated Wiki.

EmbeddedXEN is continuously evolving; we have still some issues regarding the networking,
but a fully functional version will be released in the upcoming weeks.

As a first release including a domU, we packaged the SqueezeOS (with its application) running on
a Linux 2.6.26 in order to show the possibility of EmbeddedXEN. SqueezeOS is running on Logitech SBTouch device,
and no modifications in the rootfs have been done. You can run SqueezePlay in emulation or even on HTC !

Currently supported are:

- Linux-2.6.26-dom0 on QEMU/versatilev6 (ARM-11)
- Linux-2.6.29-dom0 on QEMU/goldfish (Cortex-A8/ARMv7)
- Linux-2.6.32-dom0 on HTC Desire HD(Snapdragon/ARMv7)
- Linux-2.6.26-domU which is our para-virtualized version of SqueezeOS

Hardware virtualization of the following devices is supported:

UART, console, framebuffer, keyboard, touchscreen, block device, audio, and networking (in a couple of days/weeks).

Different packages are available (base, single-dom0, domU, others-dom0) according the environment you target.

As usual, a very good thing would be to use clone the git repository in order to stay in touch
with the very last changes. Contributions, new ideas, bugs tracking are also very welcome :-)

Further details about architecture and internals of EmbeddedXEN will follow soon.

Have a nice time with EmbeddedXEN 2.0 !

Cheers
Daniel