Mailing List Archive

Compilation problem
Hi,
I posted on xen-api IRC chat already but I feel everyone is really busy,
maybe its actually easier to ask through email

I try to compile buildroot/master on a bare ubuntu 14.04
where I already installed Xen Hypervisor
and OCaml
and it fails at :
make: *** [RPMS/xapi_1.9.52-3_amd64.deb] Error 1

In the RPM log I have theses lines:

dh_install
install -d debian/xapi//usr/sbin
cp -a debian/tmp/usr/sbin/xapi debian/xapi//usr/sbin/
cp: cannot stat 'debian/tmp/usr/sbin/xapi': No such file or directory
dh_install: cp -a debian/tmp/usr/sbin/xapi debian/xapi//usr/sbin/
returned exit code 1
make[1]: *** [override_dh_install] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/buildd/xapi-1.9.52'
make: *** [binary] Error 2
dpkg-buildpackage: error: fakeroot debian/rules binary gave error exit
status 2
E: Failed autobuilding of package

Any idea of where the error could come from?

Thank you very much for your help

Ronan

Re: Compilation problem [ In reply to ]
Did you look for xapi in tmp and see if it was build and if is in directory
that they script is tryining copy it from ?
I would change script to reflect it location.

Join my framily E02705708hn 3032 last name BURGHARDT state is co
Cheapest sprint service only 25 a month.

Re: Compilation problem [ In reply to ]
I looked at the logs, and actually it was a memory limit problème
Dom0 was configured with a limit of memory usage of 1024MB, which was
not enough to build xenserver

Thank you for your help

Ronan

Re: Compilation problem [ In reply to ]
Hi Ronan,

Good to know you got it sorted, and thanks for posting the solution to your problem [1]. I'm slightly surprised that the debian build process didn't bomb out after it failed to build xapi. Let us know how you get on!

Jon

[1] http://xkcd.com/979/