Mailing List Archive

GSoC 2014 CPUID Programming for Humans
Hello I'm sending the message again, because I'm not sure in what list must
be send,My name is Vasil Vasilev, I would like to apply for this year's
GSoC 2014 for the project "CPUID Programming for Humans".I think I will be
able to handle with this project, because I have pretty good experience
with the XEN APIs ( from the old days xenapi that was on Python with C
bindings with some libxc to newer libxl and libvirt).I'm using libxl since
it's beta versions and had to make some modifications to fit my needs, so I
think that I'm some kind familiar with the source code,and some of the
initial researching work is already done.Contributing source for Xen is
like a dream.During the summer I will not be actively involved with the
university and I will have enough time to work on the project.
A little more about me:Currently I'm studying Architecture in New
Bulgarian University, prior I studied in National High-School of
Mathematics and Physics in Bulgaria.
I'm working part-time in a hosting company in Bulgaria ( webconnect.bg ),
here I'm responsible for managing the Xen Virtual Machines and our web
based panel for virtualization.I was also responsible to migrate all the
software that we are using from the old xenapi to newer libxl to work with
latest versions of the open source Xen.I have more than 5 years in C
programming experience mainly with writing client-server network
applications.I have learned many communication protocols and used to with
lots of APIs.Also in my everyday work experience I have learned to read and
modify many C code to fit my needs.
I have also experience with many other languages like Python,Bash
Script,Java that are not related with the project.
Any comments, recommendations or questions are welcome
Regards,Vasil Vasilev