Finally, I wanted to ask what API version XEN 3.1 implements.

Thanks a lot!
Richard
Re: Changes to the API [ In reply to ]
Rich

> the wiki states that the API should not be considered final, yet.
> I wanted to ask what areas are still undergoing development
> and what parts could be considered stable.

Ah I think they may be a bit out of date. Xen 3.1 implements version
1.0 of the API, and (within the constraints of an open source
project) we intend to keep this API stable.

> I also wanted to ask
> if anyone has an idea about a rough ETA and/or roadmap for the
> final release of the API specs.

The final API specs (version 1.0) can be found on the wiki, and are
included in xen-unstable.hg in the docs directory.

> Finally, I wanted to ask what API version XEN 3.1 implements.

Any future development of the API will have to be done in a backwards
compatible way. Right now I'm quite busy, but when I do get a chance
to come back to it we have a whole new set of security classes to add
(from IBM) and some general fixes etc.

Cheers

Tom

Re: Changes to the API [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Jul 02, 2007 at 02:49:55PM +0100, Tom Wilkie wrote:

> (within the constraints of an open source

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> project) we intend to keep this API stable.

Could you clarify what this means please?

> >I also wanted to ask
> >if anyone has an idea about a rough ETA and/or roadmap for the
> >final release of the API specs.
>
> The final API specs (version 1.0) can be found on the wiki, and are
> included in xen-unstable.hg in the docs directory.

I'm not sure these can be considered final as they do not document a whole host
of behaviours (for example, there is neither a complete list of error returns
nor any weasel-words about undocumented error returns)

Unfortunately I'm way too busy to help with this at this moment in time but I
do want to see the documentation firmed up (And also get a good idea of what
still remains to be implemented).

regards,
john