Mailing List Archive

Xen Project Developer Summit (CfP closes May 6th)
Dear Xen Project Community Members,

this is just a quick reminder that the CfP for the Xen Project Developer Summit which is held in Toronto from May 25-26th closes on May the 6th, 2016 at 11:59 pm PST. Which is a week from now. Besides developer talks, we are always also looking for user stories (how you use Xen) and challenges that our users may face. If you have an idea related to a talk, but are not sure about it, feel free to drop me a line.

For the CfP submission link, follow http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/xen-project-developer-summit/program/cfp

Typically we are looking for talks that cover subjects such as those listed below, but other relevant topics are always also welcome

Xen, QEMU, Linux and other operating systems

- Security Features
- Security Practices
- Hardening and security
- Scaling and optimizations
- Nested virtualization
- Kernel performance and other improvements
- Resource management (CPU, I/O, memory)
- Architecture ports
- Desktop virtualization
- Graphics virtualization
- New storage features
- Live migration and fault tolerance
- High availability and continuous backup
- Real-time guest support
- Schedulers
- Firmware: ACPI, UEFI, coreboot, u-Boot, etc.
- Testing and Quality
- Community related topics

Management and infrastructure

- Managing Xen: XL/LibXL, XAPI, Libvirt, OpenStack, etc.
- Unikernels and related technologies
- Software defined networking: Open vSwitch, OpenDaylight, etc.
- Network Function Virtualization
- Security
- Provisioning
- Performance tuning

Feel free to also check out last year's talk recordings at https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYyw7IQjL-zHdxql_rvgC_PjzNVfovogU for inspiration

Best Regards
Lars
Re: Xen Project Developer Summit (CfP closes May 6th) [ In reply to ]
Correction: the text below should say "Xen Project Developer Summit which is held in Toronto from August 25-26th" instead of Mat
Lars