Mailing List Archive

Xen Project Governance Changes for Review and Vote
As part of the move of Xen to the Linux Foundation, I have made a few
proposals for Governance changes on the Xen Project mailing lists in the
last few weeks. To avoid voting fatigue, several proposals are up for
review or voting:

* For vote:Xen Project Governance v2
<http://www.xenproject.org/component/content/article/80-developers/136-governance-v2-proposal.html>
* For vote:Mailing List Conventions v1
<http://www.xenproject.org/component/content/article/80-developers/139-mailing-list-conventions.html>
* For review:Xen Security Problem Response Process v2
<http://www.xenproject.org/component/content/article/85-about-xen/138-xen-security-problem-response-process-v2-proposal.html>
* For vote: Dates and Locations for 2014 Events

Note that changes to governance documents are marked in the following way:

* minor changes are marked in orange italics
* additions are marked in orange italics
* major deletions are striked through

Governance Proposals for Vote

The following two proposals are up for vote usingthis voting form
<http://www.xenproject.org/component/content/article/98-developers/vote/127-vote-governance-v2-and-mailing-list-conventions-v1.html>.
As the two proposals affect *all*Xen Project teams,*all*committers,
maintainers and project leads of*Mature projects*and the community
manager can vote. The vote will be open until May 20, 2013.

Xen Project Governance v2

TheXen Project Governance v2
<http://www.xenproject.org/component/content/article/80-developers/136-governance-v2-proposal.html>has
been out forcommunity review since April 30th
<http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2013-04/msg03339.html>. It
is now time to vote using the voting form above.

Mailing List Conventions v1

On April 14th, we started a discussion onnaming list conventions
<http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2013-04/msg01238.html>,
which then became a proposal forMailing List Conventions
<http://www.xenproject.org/component/content/article/80-developers/139-mailing-list-conventions.html>.
There seems to be no controversy, thus it is time to vote using the
voting form above.

Governance Proposals for Review

Xen Security Problem Response Process v2

In thelast update
<http://blog.xen.org/index.php/2012/12/17/security-disclosure-process-discussion-update>on
the security problem response process, we promised a vote in
mid-January. Near the end of the window, some changes were proposed, and
we were somewhat sidetracked with launching Xen as a Linux Foundation
Collaborative Project.

As this process impacts many Xen users, we feel that it is prudent to
run through a final week of community review (closing on Monday May
20th), followed by a formal vote by maintainers, committers and the
project lead of the Hypervisor project a week later. Review comments are
to be posted in response to thisthread
<http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2013-05/msg01243.html>.
The proposal can be foundhere
<http://www.xenproject.org/component/content/article/85-about-xen/138-xen-security-problem-response-process-v2-proposal.html>.

For Vote: Dates and Locations for 2014 Events

As it is very hard to book event space on short notice, I wanted to ask
you all where to hold Xen Project user and developer events in 2014.
Earlier this year, there was a debate whether we should rotate Xen
Events around the globe. The answer was a very strong*yes*. As we have a
Hackathon and Xen Developer Summit in Europe this year, Europe will not
be an option for a developer event in 2014.

Rather than creating a voting form, I decided to use the voting feature
on the newXen Project <http://www.xenproject.org/>website. To vote, you
need to create an account. If you have difficulties, let me know. The
poll ishere
<http://www.xenproject.org/help/questions-and-answers/vote-on-2014-event-locations.html>.
The vote will stay open until the middle of June.