Mailing List Archive

Gerrit upgrade Monday March 25th at 9am UTC
Hello,

I will be *upgrading Gerrit* from the 3.7 series to the 3.8 series. I
have scheduled the upgrade for *Monday March 25th at 9am UTC*. It is
immediately after the UTC morning backport & config window.

The upgrade requires the Gerrit service to be stopped for the duration
of the upgrade. Given we do not need to reindex all the changes, the
downtime should be just a few minutes.

Gerrit 3.8 brings:

* Rebase on behalf of the uploader, so that the rebaser does not take
over the change (the original uploader is preserved)
* Rebase a chain of changes: when working with a series of change, the
whole series can be rebased atomically which saves a lot of manual
rebasing actions
* Browser Notifications: get a notification when a change requires
your attention
* And more UI changes
<https://www.gerritcodereview.com/3.8.html#gerrit-ui-changes>

The release notes: https://www.gerritcodereview.com/3.8.html
<https://www.gerritcodereview.com/3.8.html>The upgrade task:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T354886
Deployment calendar entry
<https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Deployments#deploycal-item-20240325T0900>

Antoine "hashar" Musso
Wikimedia Release Engineering
Re: [Ops] Gerrit upgrade Monday March 25th at 9am UTC [ In reply to ]
Le 21/03/2024 à 16:03, Antoine Musso a écrit :
> I will be *upgrading Gerrit* from the 3.7 series to the 3.8 series. I
> have scheduled the upgrade for *Monday March 25th at 9am UTC*. It is
> immediately after the UTC morning backport & config window.

Hello,

I have cancelled the upgrade since I did not perform all the preliminary
tasks required to upgrade us to Gerrit 3.8. I will reschedule it for
next week.

Antoine "hashar" Musso