Mailing List Archive

[GRID SHUTDOWN] Grid Engine Is Shutting Down On The 14th Of March
Hello all,

We are on the last stretch of the grid engine deprecation process[0] and
this means that the grid will be shutting down on Thursday, the 14th of
March.

You can find a reminder of the full timeline here[1]

There's about 30 tools still running on the grid, if you are one of the few
left to migrate,

kindly ensure they are migrated before the 14th or reach out[2] to the team
if you are facing any challenges or need some assistance.

We have also reached out on phabricator and via email to the remaining
maintainers that still have their tools running on the grid to see if we
can help ease the migration or see if there are any blocking issues.

If you have a tool that is still on the grid and you cannot meet the above
deadline, kindly reach out via the tool migration phabricator ticket or our
support channels[2], note that this is a hard deadline and no extensions
would be granted but we might be able to help you do the transition.

We really appreciate all the effort and feedback given on the new platform,
this will help us improve our service and reduce the maintenance burden in
the long term for tool maintainers and toolforge admins alike.

[0]:
https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/News/Toolforge_Grid_Engine_deprecation

[1]:
https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/News/Toolforge_Grid_Engine_deprecation#Timeline