Mailing List Archive

Adding Docker images to the registry via Gitlab
I'm trying to use the new workflow for uploading Docker images to the
registry. Following the link under wikitech:Docker-registry#Downloading
images
<https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Docker-registry#Downloading_images> I
ended up on mw:GitLab/Workflows/Deploying services to production
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/GitLab/Workflows/Deploying_services_to_production>
as the recommended way to do it.

As far as I can tell the service repos should live under
repos/mediawiki/services/ in Gitlab and you need to have access to the
group to import repos there. I clicked on "Request access" in the menu for
that group, but I don't think anything has happened since then. Is there
anything else I need to do to be granted access?

For context, the service I want to add Docker image for is part of
Speechoid, a service bundle(?) for Wikispeech
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Wikispeech>. Currently we have a
few other services that have their code on Gerrit
<https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/admin/repos/q/filter:wikispeech>.

*Sebastian Berlin*
Utvecklare/*Developer*
Wikimedia Sverige (WMSE)

E-post/*E-Mail*: sebastian.berlin@wikimedia.se
Telefon/*Phone*: (+46) 0707 - 92 03 84
Re: Adding Docker images to the registry via Gitlab [ In reply to ]
Thank you to the kind stranger who approved my request on Gitlab????

Now I have a followup question: how to add a subgroup under
repos/mediawiki/services to match what is on Gerrit? It looks like I can't
create one of those. I found a request form to add subgroup
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/maniphest/task/edit/form/105/>, but that
one is explicitly for "top-level project group[s] under /repos".

What I'd like to have is a subgroup under repos/mediawiki/services called
"Speechoid" (changed from "wikispeech" in Gerrit to better describe what
the service is).

Re: Adding Docker images to the registry via Gitlab [ In reply to ]
Sebastian, I created the Speechoid group per your request
https://gitlab.wikimedia.org/groups/repos/mediawiki/services/speechoid and
made you the owner.

On Thu, Mar 7, 2024 at 4:59?AM Sebastian Berlin <

Re: Adding Docker images to the registry via Gitlab [ In reply to ]
Thank you????