Hi,

For anyone interested in working with PHP and JavaScript, we have a project
to improve the InlineComments MediaWiki extension:

https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T356436

InlineComments is a relatively new extension that allows for Google
Docs-style user annotations within pages. There are some interesting ways
it can be improved, most notably by allowing user tagging with "@".

-Yaron
Re: [Wikidata] Re: [Wikitech-I] Call for Projects and Mentors for Google Summer of Code 2024 and Outreachy Round 28 is OPEN! [ In reply to ]
Hello all,

We (me and Sammy) have proposed a project to improve the searchability of
the PageTriage extension's Special:NewPagesFeed, which is a VueJS interface
that allows patrollers on English Wikipedia to track new pages created by
users.

If your into Vue/JS and PHP, feel free to give us a buzz :)

Regards,
Sohom Datta
---
Open-source contributor @Wikimedia, @Chromium

Re: [Wikidata] Re: [Wikitech-I] Call for Projects and Mentors for Google Summer of Code 2024 and Outreachy Round 28 is OPEN! [ In reply to ]
A last minute addition to the Google Summer of Code 2024 projects:

== www.wikipedia.org Wikimedia portals - codebase modernization ==

This project will seek to modernize and update the code that generates
www.wikipedia.org, this work will include:

- Refactoring outdated code
- Modernizing the build step and tooling
- Removing unnecessary dependencies
- Adding a testing framework and tests

If you have experience with Node.js, Gulp.js or Jest, then this could be
the project for you:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T358885

Mentors: Jan Drewniak, Bernard Wang

Thanks,
Jan Drewniak

On Tue, Feb 27, 2024 at 3:12?PM Sohom Datta <dattasohom1@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> We (me and Sammy) have proposed a project to improve the searchability of
> the PageTriage extension's Special:NewPagesFeed, which is a VueJS interface
> that allows patrollers on English Wikipedia to track new pages created by
> users.
>
> If your into Vue/JS and PHP, feel free to give us a buzz :)
>
> Regards,
> Sohom Datta
> ---
> Open-source contributor @Wikimedia, @Chromium
>

> On Tue, Feb 27, 2024 at 9:35?AM Yaron Koren <yaron57@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> For anyone interested in working with PHP and JavaScript, we have a
>> project to improve the InlineComments MediaWiki extension:
>>
>> https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T356436
>>
>> InlineComments is a relatively new extension that allows for Google
>> Docs-style user annotations within pages. There are some interesting ways
>> it can be improved, most notably by allowing user tagging with "@".
>>
>> -Yaron

Jan Drewniak

UX Engineer - Readers Web

Re: [Wikidata] Re: [Wikitech-I] Call for Projects and Mentors for Google Summer of Code 2024 and Outreachy Round 28 is OPEN! [ In reply to ]
Hello Jan Drewniak, I hope this email reaches you in good health, I am a
developer, I have knowledge in nodejs for the creation of APIs, I use
Express, sequelize, etc and also knowledge of using map, filter ,
promised with javascript etc. I would like to know if I can be useful to
the project. Thank you for guiding and directing me.

Le ven. 1 mars 2024 à 19:44, Jan Drewniak <jdrewniak@wikimedia.org> a
écrit :

> A last minute addition to the Google Summer of Code 2024 projects:
>
> == www.wikipedia.org Wikimedia portals - codebase modernization ==
>
> This project will seek to modernize and update the code that generates
> www.wikipedia.org, this work will include:
>
> - Refactoring outdated code
> - Modernizing the build step and tooling
> - Removing unnecessary dependencies
> - Adding a testing framework and tests
>
> If you have experience with Node.js, Gulp.js or Jest, then this could be
> the project for you:
> https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T358885
>
> Mentors: Jan Drewniak, Bernard Wang
>
> Thanks,
> Jan Drewniak
>

> On Tue, Feb 27, 2024 at 3:12?PM Sohom Datta <dattasohom1@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> We (me and Sammy) have proposed a project to improve the searchability of
>> the PageTriage extension's Special:NewPagesFeed, which is a VueJS interface
>> that allows patrollers on English Wikipedia to track new pages created by
>> users.
>>
>> If your into Vue/JS and PHP, feel free to give us a buzz :)
>>
>> Regards,
>> Sohom Datta
>> ---
>> Open-source contributor @Wikimedia, @Chromium
>>

>> On Tue, Feb 27, 2024 at 9:35?AM Yaron Koren <yaron57@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> For anyone interested in working with PHP and JavaScript, we have a
>>> project to improve the InlineComments MediaWiki extension:
>>>
>>> https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T356436
>>>
>>> InlineComments is a relatively new extension that allows for Google
>>> Docs-style user annotations within pages. There are some interesting ways
>>> it can be improved, most notably by allowing user tagging with "@".
>>>
>>> -Yaron
>>
>> https://lists.wikimedia.org/postorius/lists/wikitech-l.lists.wikimedia.org/
>

> --
>
> Jan Drewniak
>
> UX Engineer - Readers Web

Chef Office *Neuro-Hub*
Analyste, programmeur, gestionnaire de base de donnée. Ingénieur en
informatique de gestion.

Outil de développement:
*-JavaScrypt,*
*- Reactjs, React native, Expo-cli*
*- Nodejs,*
*- Sql,*
*- NoSql,*

https://github.com/Delord-Nzanzu
https://twitter.com/DelordNzanzu?t=7WIuc0mGQaFsgxfAjkrX5g&s=09
https://www.linkedin.com/in/nzanzu-wayire-a9a079210
Re: [Wikidata] Re: [Wikitech-I] Call for Projects and Mentors for Google Summer of Code 2024 and Outreachy Round 28 is OPEN! [ In reply to ]
I've listed two projects for Programs & Events Dashboard, a web app
built with Ruby on Rails and React.

One is focused on overhauling the way that the Dashboard's training
module system gets data, so that it's easier for users to create and
edit their own training modules. It's a pretty complex project
involving both front-end and back-end changes. See
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2024#2._[Programs_&_Events_Dashboard]_Improve_the_training_module_creation_and_update_process

The other is focused on making it easier to copy courses from one
Dashboard to another. It's rather more self-contained code-wise, but
also touches both front-end and back-end. See
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2024#4._[Programs_&_Events_Dashboard]_Improve_system_for_copying_courses_from_one_Dashboard_to_another

I'm also open to GSoC or Outreachy applicants coming up with their own
project ideas.

-Sage