Mailing List Archive

Parsoid template transclusion behavior
Hello,

Recently I'm researching Parsoid's design as MW is migrating to Parsoid. I found out that due to its single-pass tokenizing design, templates are not handled textually as the legacy parser does.

This is good as the HTML now have information about which template they are transcluded from. However, https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Parsoid/limitations says "We have since decided to use the PHP preprocessor for template expansions, which side-steps these issues by reverting to the traditional textual preprocessor pass". Is this still true now?

Best regards,
Diskdance