Mailing List Archive

toolsdb is readonly?
I'm seeing an error - "The MariaDB server is running with the --read-only
option" - anybody know what's going on?

Arthur
Re: toolsdb is readonly? [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Dec 15, 2023 at 6:03?PM Arthur Smith <arthurpsmith@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm seeing an error - "The MariaDB server is running with the --read-only option" - anybody know what's going on?

Hi Arthur, it was set to read-only for about 10 minutes because of my
mistake: I restarted the server and forgot to enable read-write mode
(for safety, it is automatically set to read-only after a restart).

It should be working fine now, but please be aware there are ongoing
issues with ToolsDB that are tracked in
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T353093

This might cause further instability over the next few days. We're
doing our best to keep the user impact at a minimum while we find a
proper solution.

Thanks for your patience,
Francesco

--
Francesco Negri (he/him) -- IRC: dhinus
Site Reliability Engineer, Cloud Services team
Re: toolsdb is readonly? [ In reply to ]
Yes, it seems to be working now, thanks.

Arthur