Mailing List Archive

An Exciting Update on the Coolest Tool Award ????
Hi Everyone,

I hope this message finds you well. We would like to inform you about an important update regarding the Coolest Tool Awards. The Award[0] was originally scheduled to be held virtually in December 2023 but we have made the decision to move the award back to where it started - Wikimania.[1]

We are thrilled to announce that the 2023/2024 Coolest Tool Award will be held as a physical and virtual gathering at Wikimania in Poland!!????[2] Wikimania scholarships just opened, so apply now for a full or partial scholarship![3]

This change was made to provide a more engaging and interactive experience for the winners and all participants, and to ensure that we can celebrate the accomplishments of our community members in a more memorable way. We understand that this adjustment may impact your plans and schedules, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. However, we are confident that this change will enhance the overall event and allow for more meaningful interactions among the participants, including live demonstrations.

We will be communicating more details about the event in the coming months, including, call for nominations, event format, and any other pertinent information. We welcome any suggestions or feedback you may have in making our return to an in-person award ceremony a better experience. Please do not hesitate to reach out to Onyinyechi Onifade at oonifade@wikimedia.org or Seyram Komla Sapaty at ssapaty@wikimedia.org

We look forward to celebrating our successes together in July 2024. Stay tuned for further updates.

Best regards,
Coolest Tool Award Organizing Team

[0]: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Coolest_Tool_Award
[1]: https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2019:Technology_outreach_%26_innovation/Coolest_Tool_Award_2019