Mailing List Archive

eslint-config-wikimedia v0.26.0 released
All,

I'm happy to announce that v0.26.0 of the Wikimedia JavaScript coding
standards
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Coding_conventions/JavaScript> tool
eslint-config-wikimedia
<https://www.npmjs.com/package/eslint-config-wikimedia> is now out.

The previous version, v0.25.1, came out in May 2023, and there have been a
few improvements since then:

Probably the 'noisiest' changes for repos are altering the
template-curly-spacing rule to require spacing, and altering the brace-style
rule to remove the allowSingleLine exception; these changes align these
outliers to the rest of the whitespace rules.

As part of the work migrating the Wikimedia world from jsduck to jsdoc, the
@ignore, @internal, and @stable tags are now listed as definedTags by
default and so won't needed to be added on a per-project basis.

We've upgraded each of the plugins, which have added or updated a few
rules, and started testing in Node 20. This will be the final release that
supports Node 14. You can read the whole changelog
<https://github.com/wikimedia/eslint-config-wikimedia/blob/main/CHANGELOG.md#0260--2023-11-14>
for full details.

The new release is available and you can upgrade to it immediately; sadly
the LibUp automatic upgrader tool is offline
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T345930>, so it may take some time for
all repos to switch.

If you think a change should be made to our standards, please suggest them
on the discussion page on MediaWiki
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual_talk:Coding_conventions/JavaScript> so
they can be discussed and implemented.

Thanks to Ed Sanders, Roan Kattouw, Bartosz Dziewo?ski, and first time
contributor MusikAnimal for their work

Yours,
--
*James D. Forrester* (he/him <http://pronoun.is/he> or they/themself