Mailing List Archive

GitLab test instance "People/Trusted Contributors" group
Hi all!

If you're part of the "trusted-contributors" Gerrit group, you likely got
an email from our GitLab test instance informing you you were added to the
"People/Trusted Contributors" group.

This is only on our test instance.

Context: we're testing permissions and roles for adding everyone in
GitLab.[0]
___

*Details:*

We're making folks "Owners" in the "People/Trusted Contributors" group and
that group will be "Developers" on our repositories[1].

This is similar to the access "trusted-contributors" have on Gerrit (we
think :))

Our test instance is a low-stakes way to try changes.

Feel free to login, poke around, and leave comments on Phabricator[0].

Thanks!

Tyler Cipriani (he/him)
Engineering Manager, Release Engineering
Wikimedia Foundation

[0]: <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T344379>
[1]: <https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/permissions.html>