Mailing List Archive

Inserting single line breaks in VisualEditor (from mediwiki-l)
HINT: This is a crossposting from mediawiki-l

Hello everyone!

With this message I am reaching out to the developers/maintainers of Extension:VisualEditor. I have already tried the mw.org support desk [1] and IRC without much success.

1. I was wondering if there were any technical reasons for Extension:VisualEditor not inserting a `<br />` element on `SHIFT+ENTER`. This seems to be standard functionality in most other visual HTML editors, plus `<br />` is supported by wikitext.
2. If there was no technical reason, I'd ask for support to implement a Gadget that allows for this behavior. I have already tried a couple of things, but it looks like the `SHIFT+ENTER` event can not be handeled easily. Apparently some core code handles the event and always creates a new paragraph. I did not succeed to stop propagation and override this behavior from my handler.

Maybe I am just missing something here. Any help would be much appreciated.

[1] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Topic:Xhywmkd6b0mnwjk7

Greetings,
Robert Vogel