Now I write hu:anything into the search box, and get a message that I want
to leave my wiki. Of course, I know, that's why I did it.
What I could dig from translatewiki that the name of this message is
'gotointerwiki-external'.
How could I switch this feature off and make my wiki just to go to the
desired link?

--
Bináris
Re: gotointerwiki-external [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On Thu, 2023-06-01 at 14:04 +0200, Bináris wrote:
> Sorry for disturbing, but I did not find the answer in the docs.
>
> I installed a MW  1.39.3 with an automated tool. Then I inserted a
> row into the interwiki table to make 'hu:' interwiki to recognize
> huwiki.
>
> Now I write hu:anything into the search box, and get a message that I
> want to leave my wiki. Of course, I know, that's why I did it.
> What I could dig from translatewiki that the name of this message is
> 'gotointerwiki-external'.
> How could I switch this feature off and make my wiki just to go to
> the desired link?

https://codesearch.wmcloud.org/core/?q=gotointerwiki-external&files=&excludeFiles=.*json%24&repos=
points to
https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/g/mediawiki/core/+/7833f3a238cee8b758c9166b94fb55e7d3a87c85/includes/specials/SpecialGoToInterwiki.php
for code to potentially change locally, and
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T122209 for additional context.
It seems there is no setting for this.

Cheers,
andre
--
Andre Klapper (he/him) | Bugwrangler
https://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/
Re: gotointerwiki-external [ In reply to ]
Ensure that the iw_local field is set to 1. Otherwise the interwiki is not
considered safe for automatic redirection.

--
Brian