Mailing List Archive

codfw wikikube kubernetes cluster upgrade on 2023-02-21
Hello everyone,

TL;DR if you are not deploying services to the codfw wikikube kubernetes
cluster, you can safely skip this.

Long version:

We will reinitialize the codfw wikikube kubernetes cluster with kubernetes
version 1.23 on 2023-02-21 09:00-16:00 UTC [1] (the actual process is expected
take a couple of hours within this window).
The date was chosen for convenience as we will have depooled all active/active
services from codfw for row B switch maintenance [2] anyways. As all traffic
will be drained beforehand we expect no user visible impact. However, for the
duration of the process, the kubernetes cluster will be unavailable to
deployers and thus efforts to deploy to it will fail or worse, not have the
expected outcomes.
This is normal until SRE serviceops announces that the cluster is fully
operational again.

SRE serviceops will be deploying all services before marking the cluster as
usable and pooling traffic back to it, so there will be no need for deployers to
re-deploy their services (apart from those already informed).

Regars,
Janis Meybohm

Re: [Ops] codfw wikikube kubernetes cluster upgrade on 2023-02-21 [ In reply to ]
Hello everyone,

The cluster was successfully re-initialized today, all services have been
re-pooled and are in service. The cluster is fully operational again and
can be used by deployers.

Regards,