Could not connect to DB on 130.94.122.197
Host 'larousse.wikipedia.org' is blocked because of many connection errors.
Unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts'
Re: Wikipedia down [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 04:39, Tim Starling wrote:
> Wikipedia is down, returning
>
> Could not connect to DB on 130.94.122.197
> Host 'larousse.wikipedia.org' is blocked because of many connection errors.
> Unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts'

Should be back up now (I've been a bit inactive lately, but the wikidown
address is still attached to my pager).
Re: Wikipedia down [ In reply to ]
"Lee Daniel Crocker" <lee@piclab.com> wrote in
message news:1058326992.3747.1.camel@penguin.piclab.com...
> On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 04:39, Tim Starling wrote:
> > Wikipedia is down, returning
> >
> > Could not connect to DB on 130.94.122.197
> > Host 'larousse.wikipedia.org' is blocked because of many connection
errors.
> > Unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts'
>
> Should be back up now (I've been a bit inactive lately, but the wikidown
> address is still attached to my pager).

I was testing some PHP code at the time, with an ssh connection open and
MySQL manual at hand, but there was nothing I could do. Do you know what
happened? I'm pretty sure it wasn't my fault.

-- Tim Starling.
Re: Re: Wikipedia down [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 05:44, Tim Starling wrote:

> I was testing some PHP code at the time, with an ssh connection open and
> MySQL manual at hand, but there was nothing I could do. Do you know what
> happened? I'm pretty sure it wasn't my fault.

No idea. I just did the flush and all seems well.
Wikipedia down [ In reply to ]
Just in case you didn't already know, Wikipedia is down. Information is at:

http://openfacts.berlios.de/index-en.phtml?title=Talk:Wikipedia_Status

-- Tim Starling