Mailing List Archive

Re: LEMME OUTTA HERE!!!

>Timwi wrote:
>
>>Just now I caught another minute the CVS server was working, so I tried,
>>and I received the same error as before (WinCVS 1.3.8.1):
>>
>>cvs login
>>Logging in to
>>:pserver:Timwi@cvs.wikipedia.sourceforge.net:2401/cvsroot/wikipedia
>
>Hrm... that doesn't look right. You should be using external authentication
>via ssh, not pserver.
>
>If you were on Unix or using Cygwin's Win32 port of the regular Unix CVS,
>I'd tell you to just follow the instructions on SF and pull a fresh source
>tree like so:
>
>export CVS_RSH=ssh
>cvs -z3 -d:ext:timwi@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/wikipedia co phase3
>
>I don't know how to set up WinCVS for this, as I've never used it. I think
>Tarquin has used it....?
>
>-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

I went into my email and found that I had received 144 wiki emails. After
collapsing from a suspected heart failure, I discovered that many were from
the wikitech list. Which raises three interesting questions:

1. What am suddenly doing on the wikitech list?

2. What is the wikitech list?

3. How do I get off the said wikitech list?

Oh and a fourth question thrown in in honour of my 144 wiki emails - what
the wikitech are Timwi and Brion talking about in the above email??? :-)

OK, maybe I don't want to know, given that I am the sort of person who if I
change a lightbulb blows every fuse in North county Dublin on a good day (on
a bad day the lights flicker all the way to Boston!)

In other words, LEMME OUTTA HERE!!!! :-O

JT

Re: LEMME OUTTA HERE!!! [ In reply to ]
james duffy wrote:

> 1. What am suddenly doing on the wikitech list?

Heck if I know.

> 2. What is the wikitech list?

"Wikitech-l -- A mailing list for discussing about the technical
organization of the Wikipedias" according to