Mailing List Archive

Right-to-left language support
Just a couple notes... I set up stub Arabic and Hebrew wikis:
http://ar.wikipedia.org/
http://he.wikipedia.org/

When they get set up we'll need right-to-left also for other languages
using these alphabets (Persian, Urdu, Yiddish...)

I've made a few tweaks to help support this... Language::isRTL() should
return true for those requiring right-to-left support, which triggers:

* dir='RTL' attribute on the <html> element
* swap the position of the spacer cell in the topbar/bottombar so it
matches the sidebar
* swap the text alignment of the two cells in the topbar

I've only mucked about with the default skin here; I haven't tested
Cologne Blue yet for instance.

There's a lot of weirdness with punctuation; hopefully localized
interface strings should help make the screen look right. :) Various
portions may need more explicit direction indicators stuck in or other
whatnot.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)