Is this a bug or an intended behaviour?

AstroNomer

http://sbc.yahoo.com
Re: bug (or feauture) in "new articles" special page in es.wiki [ In reply to ]
> Today I noticed that in the new pages listing, some
> titles are acompinied with the name of the first
> author, but the summary written by the last editor.
> Is this a bug or an intended behaviour?

I don't know if the original author of it intended this behaviour, but
it is at least documented at
http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Recent_Changes

Timwi
Re: bug (or feauture) in "new articles" special page in es.wiki [ In reply to ]
wiki pedista wrote:

> Today I noticed that in the new pages listing, some
> titles are acompinied with the name of the first
> author,
> but the summary written by the last editor.
>
> Is this a bug or an intended behaviour?

It's a bit confusing, but it helps to sort out new articles which have
already been wikified/copyedited/... by others. Maybe there should be a
short explanation on top of the page.

Kurt
Re: bug (or feauture) in "new articles" special page in es.wiki [ In reply to ]
wiki pedista wrote:

>Today I noticed that in the new pages listing, some
>titles are acompinied with the name of the first
>author,
>but the summary written by the last editor.
>
>Is this a bug or an intended behaviour?

Bug! Thanks for the catch.

For the curious, here's the diff where I switched it from using cur to
the recentchanges table and introduced the bug by grabbing the field
from the wrong table:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/wikipedia/phpwiki/newcodebase/SpecialNewpages.php.diff?r1=1.9&r2=1.10

Fix is installed.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: bug (or feauture) in "new articles" special page in es.wiki [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 12:10:40AM -0700, Brion Vibber wrote:
> wiki pedista wrote:
>
> >Today I noticed that in the new pages listing, some
> >titles are acompinied with the name of the first
> >author,
> >but the summary written by the last editor.
> >
> >Is this a bug or an intended behaviour?
> >
> Bug! Thanks for the catch.
>
> For the curious, here's the diff where I switched it from using cur to
> the recentchanges table and introduced the bug by grabbing the field
> from the wrong table:
>
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/wikipedia/phpwiki/newcodebase/SpecialNewpages.php.diff?r1=1.9&r2=1.10
>
> Fix is installed.

Feature!

This eases scanning for grafitti pages a lot. Edit comments like "wikified"
help to sort out which articles have already been proofread.

Regards,

JeLuF
Re: bug (or feauture) in "new articles" special page in es.wiki [ In reply to ]
Jens Frank wrote:

>On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 12:10:40AM -0700, Brion Vibber wrote:
>

>>Bug! Thanks for the catch.
>>

>Feature!
>
>This eases scanning for grafitti pages a lot. Edit comments like "wikified"
>help to sort out which articles have already been proofread.

Then rewrite it to be useful about it, counting the number of edits and
who made them.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: bug (or feauture) in "new articles" special page in es.wiki [ In reply to ]
Brion Vibber wrote:

> Then rewrite it to be useful about it, counting the number of edits and
> who made them.

That would be helpful too, but wouldn't a short explanation suffice to
put the "bug" back in - like "This page lists new articles, the authors
or their IP and their last edit comments (which might be by someone
else). This is to help sort out articles which have already been
proofread." (Please rewrite it in better English.)

Kurt