and searches again? Or should we start with SQL queries this time?

I hope not everybody is as annoyed as I am.

Kurt
Re: "Warte auf de.wikipedia.org ..." [ In reply to ]
Kurt Jansson wrote:
> In case you haven't noticed: Wikipedia is f**king slow again about once
> in an hour. At least the German Wp. Time for restricting special pages
> and searches again? Or should we start with SQL queries this time?

Any idea if any host-admin is left ( Lee and Brion are off )?

--
Smurf

smurf@AdamAnt.mud.de
------------------------- Anthill inside! ---------------------------
Re: "Warte auf de.wikipedia.org ..." [ In reply to ]
There's a zombie httpd process on larousse, taking >90% CPU time. Can't
restart httpd, and have no permission to kill the process. Maybe someone
should just reboot?

Magnus

Re: "Warte auf de.wikipedia.org ..." [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 11:06:12PM +0200, Magnus Manske wrote:
> There's a zombie httpd process on larousse, taking >90% CPU time. Can't
> restart httpd, and have no permission to kill the process. Maybe someone
> should just reboot?
>
> Magnus

Hmm, I don't see it. Somebody else must have cleaned it up. I can take
care of requests requiring root privs if needed (with everybody gone).

--
Nick Reinking -- eschewing obfuscation since 1981 -- Minneapolis, MN
Re: "Warte auf de.wikipedia.org ..." [ In reply to ]
No, it's still there. PID 6824, now taking 50-90% CPU time. It is the
only httpd process left. top even shows it as "zombie".

Re: "Warte auf de.wikipedia.org ..." [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 11:26:11PM +0200, Magnus Manske wrote:
> No, it's still there. PID 6824, now taking 50-90% CPU time. It is the
> only httpd process left. top even shows it as "zombie".

Well, it is the parent process, and top is saying:
6824 root 16 0 928 172 112 S 71.0 0.0 451:32 0 httpd

Still, it is taking a lot of CPU time - I'll restart it just in case.
(there are lots of httpd processes running, too...)

There... restarted. :)

--
Nick Reinking -- eschewing obfuscation since 1981 -- Minneapolis, MN
Re: "Warte auf de.wikipedia.org ..." [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 11:26:11PM +0200, Magnus Manske wrote:
> No, it's still there. PID 6824, now taking 50-90% CPU time. It is the
> only httpd process left. top even shows it as "zombie".

BTW, it only shows one process in top because Apache 2 is multithreaded,
and top doesn't show threads by default (I believe). So, that's why it
is taking up so much CPU time (in top). In any case, I do see quite a
few httpd processes dropping off and dying as defunct processes. That
is strange, and I'm not seeing any good reason for it in the error
log...

--
Nick Reinking -- eschewing obfuscation since 1981 -- Minneapolis, MN
Re: "Warte auf de.wikipedia.org ..." [ In reply to ]
Nick Reinking wrote:

> Hmm, I don't see it. Somebody else must have cleaned it up. I can take
> care of requests requiring root privs if needed (with everybody gone).

Well, I added you to my host admin list :)

--
Smurf
kill -DIEDIEDIE zombie