when I tried to send someone a mail. It seems Wikipedia is forgetting my
address. When I re-enter it in the preferences it works.

Has anybody else experienced this?

(I'm using Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; de-AT; rv:1.3)
Gecko/20030312)

There is also a known bug that I can't see my e-mail address in the
preferences, although it has been entered. But I guess this isn't related.

Kurt
Re: Wikipedia is forgetting my e-mail address [ In reply to ]
I have experienced this some months ago.
I re-entered my address, and then it worked again.

Sorry that I did not answer, I was quite busy the
last weeks...

best regards,
Zeno

Re: Wikipedia is forgetting my e-mail address [ In reply to ]
Re: Wikipedia is forgetting my e-mail address [ In reply to ]
Brion Vibber schrieb:
> Je Dimanĉo 01 Junio 2003 10:24, Kurt Jansson skribis:
>
>>(I'm using Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; de-AT; rv:1.3)
>>Gecko/20030312)
>>
>>There is also a known bug that I can't see my e-mail address in the
>>preferences, although it has been entered. But I guess this isn't
>>related.
>
> Yes, that's the same thing. It blanks the e-mail field in preferences,
> then when you save your preferences it stores a blank for your e-mail
> address.

Okay, that makes sense. I mean, it doesn't, but I understand how it
works. Anything the Wikipedia software could do about it? Or can we just
wait and hope for the Mozilla developers to fix this?

> Tell Mozilla to forget the stored form data for the login form; it gets
> confused and tries to put stuff into the preferences form -- including
> the blank e-mail address for creating new accounts.

Thanks for the tip!

BTW, some people on the German Wikipedia are complaining that they are
getting logged out after a few hours. I remember that there was some
discussion about this problem some time ago, and I thought someone had
fixed this. Or is this again a browser problem?

Kurt
Re: Wikipedia is forgetting my e-mail address [ In reply to ]

> BTW, some people on the German Wikipedia are complaining that they are
> getting logged out after a few hours. I remember that there was some
> discussion about this problem some time ago, and I thought someone had
> fixed this. Or is this again a browser problem?

You have to check the 'Mein Passwort merken' checkbox in the login
screen. Maybe this checkbox should be placed near the 'Anmelden' button
and not near the 'Neues Benutzerkonto anlegen' button to be better noticed.

WeißNix
Re: Wikipedia is forgetting my e-mail address [ In reply to ]
--- Kurt Jansson <jansson@gmx.net> wrote:
> For the second time I got an error message
> "Sie müssen angemeldet sein und eine gültige
> E-Mail-Addresse haben, um
> anderen Benutzern E-Mail zu schicken."
> when I tried to send someone a mail. It seems
> Wikipedia is forgetting my
> address. When I re-enter it in the preferences it
> works.
>
> Has anybody else experienced this?
>
> (I'm using Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0;
> de-AT; rv:1.3)
> Gecko/20030312)
>
> There is also a known bug that I can't see my e-mail
> address in the
> preferences, although it has been entered. But I
> guess this isn't related.
>
> Kurt

I understood this has been reported on the french wiki
as well. Ant