Smurf

smurf@AdamAnt.mud.de
------------------------- Anthill inside! ---------------------------
Re: Security Problem? [ In reply to ]
Brion Vibber wrote:
> Sysop queries aren't allowed to touch user_password, user_newpassword,
> or user_email. It looks like I didn't think to add user_touched to the
> permissions when that column was added; it is debatable whether
> allowing it would be a privacy issue (as it tracks the last time
> someone logged in, logged out, saved their preferences, had a message
> left on their talk page, or viewed their talk page, even if they have
> made not edits to the wiki and thus don't expect to be publicly
> tracked).

Well, I only tested german wikipedia, of course. But I see all this values,
which of course I could not edit. The other problem I remember: public
access to user.sql via the download area. If you do this, forget all that
restrictions.

I can not test if the permissions in maintenance/users.sql are applied to
the german wiki, but in that file they look right.

If sysops are allowed that privacy data, well in contrast to Jimbos Mail
about everything open for all, I've personally no problem with
restrictions, but thats something for long term wikipedians, with the
proper wikiquette in mind.

PS: I only come across on my experiments for new SpecialPages. One Idea was
to know about never used accounts. Coming along with the idea to delete
them by software, in order to prevent things like the problematic deletion
of one of our german members.
--
Smurf

smurf@AdamAnt.mud.de
------------------------- Anthill inside! ---------------------------
Re: Security Problem? [ In reply to ]
Re: Security Problem? [ In reply to ]
Re: Security Problem? [ In reply to ]
Re: Security Problem? [ In reply to ]
Brion Vibber wrote:

> 4.0.13 is installed, it seems to have fixed the bug. SQL queries back
> open for business.

Fine. One apache, one Mysql bug. Seems to be enought for a weekend. *grin
demonically*

Did I told that I like feature frezze? ;)

--
Smurf
Two for the records, one in mind.
Re: Security Problem? [ In reply to ]
Re: Security Problem? [ In reply to ]
Brion Vibber wrote:
> Please don't find any kernel bugs; they don't have a more recent stable
> release of that yet. :D

No interest in Linux-Kernel from my side. I will check the application only.

>>Did I told that I like feature frezze? ;)
> If only we could declare a bug freeze. :)

Nothing easier than that: Declare all open bugs as features and there
you are.

Smurf
--
--- Anthill Inside! ---