Wikipedia is again very sll ooo wwww.

--
Looxix
Re: Slow again [ In reply to ]

>Is there someone playing with (unmastered) SQL queries?
>Wikipedia is again very sll ooo wwww.

*pleads NON guilty, this time*

i've noticed (and other on the french part at least) that it slows down
around that time, maybe starting a few hours earlier than now...
maybe many people start using the site ?

Nicolas
Re: Slow again [ In reply to ]
> (Luc Van Oostenryck <luc.vanoostenryck@easynet.be>):
> Is there someone playing with (unmastered) SQL queries?
> Wikipedia is again very sll ooo wwww.

Seems to be back now. Looks like an expensive SQL query again.
I couldn't even get MySQL to give me a process list--it was
running about 300 mysqld processes. Now it's down to a manageable
180 or so.

--
Lee Daniel Crocker <lee@piclab.com> <http://www.piclab.com/lee/>
"All inventions or works of authorship original to me, herein and past,
Re: Slow again [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Apr 18, 2003 at 06:08:21PM +0200, Nicolas Weeger wrote:

> >Is there someone playing with (unmastered) SQL queries?
> >Wikipedia is again very sll ooo wwww.
> >

> *pleads NON guilty, this time*
>
> i've noticed (and other on the french part at least) that it slows down
> around that time, maybe starting a few hours earlier than now...
> maybe many people start using the site ?
>
> Nicolas

There is a definite difference between 'overloaded' and 'ground to a
halt by a blocking SQL query'. I think this was one of the latter.

--
Nick Reinking -- eschewing obfuscation since 1981 -- Minneapolis, MN
Slow again [ In reply to ]
Is there someone playing again with (unmastered) SQL queries?
Wikipedia is again almost dead.

--
Looxix