Mailing List Archive

Interlanguage links at test site
I have reinstalled my interlanguage management at test.wikipedia.org.
For those interested, I have also committed the code to the CVS. It is
turned off by default; to turn it on, set
$wgUseNewInterlanguage = true ;
in your LocalSettings.php

For your local installation, you'll need to create a "wiki-intl"
database, with tables "ilinks" and "recentchanges":

CREATE TABLE ilinks (
lang_from varchar(5) default NULL,
lang_to varchar(5) default NULL,
title_from tinyblob,
title_to tinyblob,
target_exists tinyint(1) default NULL
) TYPE=MyISAM;

CREATE TABLE recentchanges (
user_name tinyblob,
user_lang varchar(5) default NULL,
date timestamp(14) NOT NULL,
message tinyblob
) TYPE=MyISAM;

Happy hacking!

Magnus
Re: Interlanguage links at test site [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2003-03-06 at 03:37, Magnus Manske wrote:
> I have reinstalled my interlanguage management at test.wikipedia.org.

I haven't yet had a chance to check out the updated code, but may I make
a quick suggestion?

"International issues" seems a strange title for the link & the page --
it makes me think of a stern Kofi Annan shaking his head as Hans Blix
examines our link integrity. ;)

"Other languages" or "Language connections" might be a better way to go.
(Or, heck, "Interlanguage links"!)

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: Interlanguage links at test site [ In reply to ]
Brion Vibber wrote:

>"International issues" seems a strange title for the link & the page --
>it makes me think of a stern Kofi Annan shaking his head as Hans Blix
>examines our link integrity. ;)

I took care that they won't find our virus storages either ;-)

>"Other languages" or "Language connections" might be a better way to go.
>(Or, heck, "Interlanguage links"!)

My original intention was to put the translations for the PHP script
into the same database, and manage them over the same special page.
Perhaps I should scale down for the moment :-)

I'll fix it later today.

Magnus
Re: Interlanguage links at test site [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2003-03-06 at 03:37, Magnus Manske wrote:
> I have reinstalled my interlanguage management at test.wikipedia.org.

For the curious, I have disabled it for now as it was returning a "No
database selected" error.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)