adding links to disambiguation pages. What do you think?

thanks a lot,
Jakob Voß
Re: hack for disambiguation/topic articles [ In reply to ]
> I'd like a little hack that automatically adds the same topic that is used
> in the article title. This could be done via empty parenthesis because there
> is no article that has "()" in its title. In the example above:

Great idea! I suggest a simplified syntax, though, something like

[[cycle^]]

=>

[[cycle (graph theory)|cycle]]

(But do NOT turn it into that after saving, just render it when needed.)

Regards,

Erik
Re: hack for disambiguation/topic articles [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 10:14:00PM +0100, Erik Moeller wrote:
> > I'd like a little hack that automatically adds the same topic that is used
> > in the article title. This could be done via empty parenthesis because there
> > is no article that has "()" in its title. In the example above:
>
> Great idea! I suggest a simplified syntax, though, something like
>
> [[cycle^]]
>
> =>
>
> [[cycle (graph theory)|cycle]]
>
> (But do NOT turn it into that after saving, just render it when needed.)

Seems like a lot of English-specific syntax is being introduced.
I'm just reminding you - do not overdo with it.
In lot of languages you usually have to use full [[foo|bar]] because of
flexion anyway, so this is just weird abuse of syntax for us.