http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Darwin

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=Charles+Darwin+nl.wikipedia.org&btnG=Google+Search

Giskart
Re: Google is not indexing "w" [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 12 Feb 2003, Giskart wrote:
> I have noticed Google is not finding anymore articels that contain "w" from Wikipedia NL
>
> I think the Esperanto and German Wikipedia have the same problem.
> The French, Polish and English seems to have no problem.

They all have identical robots.txt files; I can't imagine what problem
there could be on our end. (Perhaps google is indexing in alphabetical
order and just hasn't got that far??)

-- brion
Re: Google is not indexing "w" [ In reply to ]
Brion Vibber <vibber=pP0CIj1Nv7XQAyQhgwMYSA@public.gmane.org> wrote in

> On Wed, 12 Feb 2003, Giskart wrote:
>> I have noticed Google is not finding anymore articels that contain
>> "w" from Wikipedia NL
>>
>> I think the Esperanto and German Wikipedia have the same problem.
>> The French, Polish and English seems to have no problem.
>
> They all have identical robots.txt files; I can't imagine what problem
> there could be on our end. (Perhaps google is indexing in alphabetical
> order and just hasn't got that far??)
>
> -- brion

I see also no logical reason. And the are not new pages.
The used to be found by google. I will follow it.

At least the Esperanto (W)ikipedia will not have much problems whit it.

--
Contact: giskart AT wikipedia.be
Ook een artikeltje schrijven? WikipediaNL, de vrije GNU/FDL encyclopedie
Re: Re: Google is not indexing "w" [ In reply to ]
Giskart wrote:

>Brion Vibber <vibber=pP0CIj1Nv7XQAyQhgwMYSA@public.gmane.org> wrote in
>

>>They all have identical robots.txt files; I can't imagine what problem
>>there could be on our end. (Perhaps google is indexing in alphabetical
>>order and just hasn't got that far??)
>>
>>-- brion
>>

>I see also no logical reason. And the are not new pages.
>The used to be found by google. I will follow it.

Maybe it has something to do with excluding Google from pages containing
"/w/"? The one to avoid Google et al scanning edit pages?

Magnus
Re: Re: Google is not indexing "w" [ In reply to ]
On ĵaŭ, 2003-02-13 at 03:18, Magnus Manske wrote:
> Maybe it has something to do with excluding Google from pages containing
> "/w/"? The one to avoid Google et al scanning edit pages?

Not unless they're very badly mangling their interpretation of the
robots.txt standard. As our experience with trying to exclude "/w"
shows, they seem to be following it to the letter...

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)