Special:Recentchanges?hide=Aoineko,Anthere

What do thing about this ?

Aoineko
Re: Hide user [ In reply to ]
On Mit, 2003-02-12 at 05:48, Guillaume Blanchard wrote:
> Bonjour everybody,
> I see you added a [talk] option in the recent change next to the user name.
> What do you think about to add a [hide] option to be able to display the
> recent-change without the modifications of a specific user. It can be useful
> when bots are acting or when someone make repetitive change on a large list
> of articles. I imagined this option as volatile. That mean we don't have to
> save it in the user preference and just post it as a URL option like this :
>
> Special:Recentchanges?hide=Aoineko,Anthere

We already have an option for bots; they need to be registered as such
and can then be hidden in RC. Other users should IMHO not be hidden.

Regards,

Erik
--
FOKUS - Fraunhofer Insitute for Open Communication Systems
Project BerliOS - http://www.berlios.de
Re: Hide user [ In reply to ]
On mer, 2003-02-12 at 01:04, Erik Moeller wrote:
> On Mit, 2003-02-12 at 05:48, Guillaume Blanchard wrote:
> > I see you added a [talk] option in the recent change next to the user name.
> > What do you think about to add a [hide] option to be able to display the
> > recent-change without the modifications of a specific user.

> We already have an option for bots; they need to be registered as such
> and can then be hidden in RC.

And more importantly still, we need the "show bots" option to be clearly
visible! The RC options need to be reconstructed.

> Other users should IMHO not be hidden.

Although it would be very nice to have a 'watch this user' to
_highlight_ edits by certain users.

(And it might be nice to have a 'try to ignore this user' -- gray out
their edits so they are distinguishable as a separate category, but not
leaping out to the eye as something to look at. You still want them to
be listed just in case a) you forget! or b) they try to pull a fast one
and edit something you would want to know about.)

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: Hide user [ In reply to ]
--- Erik Moeller <e.moeller@fokus.gmd.de> wrote:
> On Mit, 2003-02-12 at 05:48, Guillaume Blanchard
> wrote:
> > Bonjour everybody,
> > I see you added a [talk] option in the recent
> change next to the user name.
> > What do you think about to add a [hide] option to
> be able to display the
> > recent-change without the modifications of a
> specific user. It can be useful
> > when bots are acting or when someone make
> repetitive change on a large list
> > of articles. I imagined this option as volatile.
> That mean we don't have to
> > save it in the user preference and just post it as
> a URL option like this :
> >
> > Special:Recentchanges?hide=Aoineko,Anthere

I deeply wonder why you choose these two pseudos...

Do you want to hide Pour certains, pour d'autres edits
maybe ? :-)