Mailing List Archive

Offline reader
I have a preliminary version of the promised offline reader with parser
working. Some issues:

* The parser is basically single-pass. I do an additional pass for the
<nowiki> elements, though.
* The parser already supports all wiki syntax, except <math>.
* It doesn't check for correct HTML, though.
* I am only using the article namespace. All other namespaces are linked
to the online version, with a different color.
* No images yet, but basically because I didn't bother with the download ;-)
* There's also a function that converts the database dump into many
files, one per article. This would be run on the "vendor" side.

I have tried the German database, and it works pretty well. I am a
little worried about the wxWindows HTML component, though. One thing it
doesn't support are HTML entities like "&#1234;", which I automatically
replace with a "?".

There's no search function yet, and no fulltext index is created. But,
that shouldn't take a lot of work, compared with the parser.

I can mail a Windows .exe (~600 KB zipped) to anyone who'd like, and a
howto for converting the mysql dump.

Tomorrow.

Magnus
Re: Offline reader [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Feb 09, 2003 at 11:21:39PM +0100, Magnus Manske wrote:
> I have a preliminary version of the promised offline reader with parser
> working. Some issues:
>
> * The parser is basically single-pass. I do an additional pass for the
> <nowiki> elements, though.
> * The parser already supports all wiki syntax, except <math>.
> * It doesn't check for correct HTML, though.
> * I am only using the article namespace. All other namespaces are linked
> to the online version, with a different color.
> * No images yet, but basically because I didn't bother with the download ;-)
> * There's also a function that converts the database dump into many
> files, one per article. This would be run on the "vendor" side.
>
> I have tried the German database, and it works pretty well. I am a
> little worried about the wxWindows HTML component, though. One thing it
> doesn't support are HTML entities like "&#1234;", which I automatically
> replace with a "?".
>
> There's no search function yet, and no fulltext index is created. But,
> that shouldn't take a lot of work, compared with the parser.
>
> I can mail a Windows .exe (~600 KB zipped) to anyone who'd like, and a
> howto for converting the mysql dump.

Could you send us sources of the parser ?
Re: Offline reader [ In reply to ]
Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:

>Could you send us sources of the parser ?

Here it is (wikiparser.h and wikiparser.cpp). It is currently set for
offline display, so especially links are generated differently, and as I
said, there's no <math> and no HTML checking.

The other files are wxWindows for the GUI, for those who like ;-)

Magnus