Mailing List Archive

Intent to implement: "Ignore this page" (as site option)
I'd like to implement an "Ignore this page" feature that can be used to
ignore a page, and, optionally, its subpages in the recent changes list.
It would work similar to the Watchlist feature: An additional "blacklist"
table, a "My blacklist" link (for removal only). Only for pages, not for
users. This would be a site option, meaning that it could be turned on for
e.g. meta, and turned off for the normal Wikipedias.

I'd also like to implement subpage support for both the blacklist and the
watchlist feature. The simplest way to do this (and therefore the best, at
least at first) is to make this a user preference: Ignore subpages of
ignored pages, Watch subpages of watched pages.

My primary motivation is OpenFacts, a Wikipedia for many different open
source projects. There might be a few projects taking up a lot of
Recent_Changes space, and it should be easy to filter those. But both
features should also be useful on meta, and require no additional
footprint if deactivated. Therefore, if there are no objections, I'll
implement it in CVS, which makes it easier for me to keep OpenFacts up-to-
date.

Note that I'm not sure when I'll get to this - maybe tomorrow, maybe in a
couple of months. If someone else needs it, too, I'll prioritize it.

Regards,

Erik