Mailing List Archive

the word "hacking".
I apologize when I insulted people here.
Nevertheless, I would prefer a more neutral,
term. The word 'hacker' might scare people
and it doesn't sound very 'inviting' to me.

Specification and clear documentation is
much more important than implementation!

I personally hate maintaining software, keep adding
features forever, updating, debugging, etc.
I love 'design'.

Well, sorry for bothering you all. Thanks for
correcting me and giving me stuff to read about
'hacking', Erik.

Don't know in which way I can contribute to
Wikipedia-software-development for I almost don't
know anything about databases and database-locking
(which seems to give rise to performance-problems).

Sorry for crying out nonsense here; thank you for always
responding; but most of all thanks for making Wikipedia
at all possible, in that regard you're really doing a
great job!

Pieter Suurmond

Re: the word "hacking". [ In reply to ]
At 18:46 02/02/03 +0100, you wrote:
>I apologize when I insulted people here.
>Nevertheless, I would prefer a more neutral,
>term. The word 'hacker' might scare people
>and it doesn't sound very 'inviting' to me.
>
> Specification and clear documentation is
> much more important than implementation!

Users where not coders. Users where nothing to do with code.
Users where something to do with features.

A feature without clean documenteion = feature unimplemention.

But this stament:
"Specification and clear documentation is
much more important than implementation!", Is extreme. Or wrong. Anyway
IMHO.

Note:

thanks to all people that design and help wikipedia!!