Mailing List Archive

What to do with Meta?
On Saturday 01 February 2003 04:00 am, Erik Moeller wrote:
> Um .. how about just getting rid of it? Why is it within Wikipedia's
> mission to somehow provide storage space for personal essays? We're an
> encyclopedia, not a hosting provider.

Let me repeat:
If POV material isn't allowed on meta then where should it go?

Would it be better for Saprtacus to still be on en.wiki's Recent Changes?
Again, create another namespace and then you can filter your view of meta's
Recent Changes so would only see changes made to entries in those namespaces.

--mav
Re: What to do with Meta? [ In reply to ]
> Let me repeat:
> If POV material isn't allowed on meta then where should it go?

Maybe the Scratch: namespace that was suggested for en.wiki would be a
good idea for meta.wiki. Then we would just have to hack a namespace
filter option for recent changes (which would be a good idea in any case).

Regards,

Erik