Mailing List Archive

Experimental recursive wikisoftware is being worked on...
Jason Richey wrote:

> If I'm not mistaken, it is totally within YOUR power to get the source
> code from CVS and import it into (Meta?) Wikipedia somewhere. I don't
> think it's a good idea, but it is possible for you to do. I think
> that, if you were to perform this exercise, you would see that wiki
> isn't very well suited for source code modification/viewing.
>
> I understand that you want to see if it works. That's perfectly
> reasonable. However, you are asking other volunteers, who are already
> busy with other important things, to do something that, for the most
> part, they are not willing to do.
>
> Jason Richey

Dear Wikipedia-developers/maintainers,

I am right at this moment writing such a piece of code in C,
just as an excercise to see if it works and how it 'feels'.
I'll let this list (and especially Takuya Murata) know when I've
finished it, to come and have a look.

Thanks for creating/maintaining Wikipedia!,
Pieter Suuromd