2: Extended PikiePikie syntax
3: MoinMoin syntax
4: Wookee syntax <---
5: PikiePikie syntax

Seems like Tarquin and Jan Hidders already did a lot of work on this.
I personally feel attracted to Wookee (just loved it at first sight, not
because of any reasoning or real thinking). Any other opninions?

> Jocelyn Giraud wrote:
> > The probleme is that it can be slow to render and need a lot of RAM
> > (may be).

Can someone explain this last remark? I don't see why it (what) needs
a lot of CPU and/or memory.

Thanks / Kind regards,
Pieter Suurmond
Re: Wookee syntax (Re Jocelyn Giraud) [ In reply to ]
Pieter Suurmond wrote:

>About wiki-tables,
>
>I was reading http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiki_markup_tables and it
>seems that what Jocelyn Giraud was mentioning is called "Wookee"-syntax.

The "wookee syntax" is part of Wookee, a Wiki markup parser module
written in Perl by Mych, over at Unreal Wiki.
It's uses OOP, and it's very easily extendable.

someone mentioned recently that our markup parser needs an overhaul --
would our developers be interested in taking a look at this?

Re: Wookee syntax (Re Jocelyn Giraud) [ In reply to ]
I couldn't resist and added a new proposal to
http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiki_markup_tables

Called it "Half-HTML proposal" (working title;-)

Syntax is quite simple for simple tables, but allows full HTML
attributes if needed, as well as nested tables.

Have a look!

Magnus