Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
Re: Re: Suggestion to promote readability of hyperlinked documents. [ In reply to ]
On ĵaŭ, 2003-01-02 at 17:54, Daniel Mayer wrote:
> Why is the default skin on eo set to Cologne blue?

I like it better, and our folks seemed favorable to the change. The
question is, why are the rest of you guys behind the times? ;)

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: Re: Suggestion to promote readability of hyperlinked documents. [ In reply to ]
On mer, 2003-01-01 at 19:30, Derek Moore wrote:
> I think the font sizes in Cologne Blue
> could stand to be a bit bigger, especially with regard to the menu on the
> left.

What do you think of the version I've just put on test.wikipedia.org
which doesn't change your browser's font selection and uses only
relative font sizes?

(Aside from "the sidebar's way too frelling long", which is true. It
needs refactoring.)

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: Re: Suggestion to promote readability of hyperlinked documents. [ In reply to ]
Brion Vibber wrote:

>On mer, 2003-01-01 at 19:30, Derek Moore wrote:
>

>>I think the font sizes in Cologne Blue
>>could stand to be a bit bigger, especially with regard to the menu on the
>>left.
>>

>What do you think of the version I've just put on test.wikipedia.org
>which doesn't change your browser's font selection and uses only
>relative font sizes?

I like it. Also, I hacked it so that "floating sidebar left" now works
in CB as well. But, the "top bar" scrolling off looked kinda silly, so I
attached that as well.
Test it with http://test.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_long_page
If someone could help me fix that overlapping "options bar" at the bottom...

>(Aside from "the sidebar's way too frelling long", which is true. It
>needs refactoring.)

Well, either cut some options off, or use some JavaScript pull-down menus...

Which reminds me: I'd like the Special Pages dropdown toyon CB as well.
Maybe under the wikipedia subtitle?

Magnus
Re: Re: Suggestion to promote readability of hyperlinked documents. [ In reply to ]
>What do you think of the version I've just put on test.wikipedia.org
>which doesn't change your browser's font selection and uses only
>relative font sizes?

Much better, much more readable.

Re: Suggestion to promote readability of hyperlinked documents. [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday 01 January 2003 04:00 am, wikitech-l-request@wikipedia.org wrote:
> So from a usability perspective it's a good idea to have the Wikipedias
> look and act the same. When I first visited eo.wikipedia I wasn't even
> sure if this is the same software, because I hadn't seen the Cologne skin
> yet.
>
> Regards,
>
> Erik

Why is the default skin on eo set to Cologne blue? I too have been lost while
visiting eo to update interlanguage links. Since I don't speak Esperanto it
took me a minute or two to figure out where the edit the page link was. This
is not a user friendly way of doing things at all. It also really looks the
eo.wiki is running on different software and gives the impression that it is
somehow separate from the other wikis.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)

WikiKarma Payment. Have you had your wiki today?
http://www.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=December_28&diff=540672&oldid=540670
Re: Suggestion to promote readability ofhyperlinked documents. [ In reply to ]
"Brion Vibber" skribis:
> On mer, 2003-01-01 at 19:30, Derek Moore wrote:
> > I think the font sizes in Cologne Blue
> > could stand to be a bit bigger, especially with regard to the menu on the
> > left.
>
> What do you think of the version I've just put on test.wikipedia.org
> which doesn't change your browser's font selection and uses only
> relative font sizes?

This is better than the actual one.

By the way: In the "nostalgic" look is no
ability to get to the user preferences (at
least I didn't find it). Could someone
please fix this?

Paul

1 2  View All