development questions/arguments?

--
"Jason C. Richey" <jasonr@bomis.com>
Re: mod_wiki [ In reply to ]
> Would anybody see the value in having a separate list for mod_wiki
> development questions/arguments?

I have suggested this when the mod_wiki idea first came up and still support
it. I would probably subscribe to that list, too.

Regards,

Erik

--
+++ GMX - Mail, Messaging & more http://www.gmx.net +++
RE: mod_wiki [ In reply to ]
> Would anybody see the value in having a separate list for mod_wiki
> development questions/arguments?
>
> --
> "Jason C. Richey" <jasonr@bomis.com>

Sounds good to me. Would you like to be its administrator?

Ed Poor
wikiEN-l administrator
Re: mod_wiki [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 12:47:49PM -0500, Poor, Edmund W wrote:
>> Would anybody see the value in having a separate list for mod_wiki
>> development questions/arguments?
>>
>> --
>> "Jason C. Richey" <jasonr@bomis.com>
>
>Sounds good to me. Would you like to be its administrator?

mod_wiki is intended to be a possible next generation of the Wikipedia
software. Therefor, the most appropriate place to discuss it is here,

Jonathan

--
Geek House Productions, Ltd.

Phone: 604-435-1205
Email: djw@reactor-core.org
Webpage: http://reactor-core.org
Address: 2459 E 41st Ave, Vancouver, BC V5R2W2
Re: mod_wiki [ In reply to ]
Jonathan Walther wrote:
> mod_wiki is intended to be a possible next generation of the Wikipedia
> software. Therefor, the most appropriate place to discuss it is here,
> not on some ghettoized mailing list somewhere else.

I agree.

To clarify: Johnathan is working on mod_wiki for his own reasons,
separate from Wikipedia, but would like for it to be useful for
wikipedia too. He has indicated that his feelings won't be hurt if we
don't switch to it. Obviously, we would switch to it if it best suits
our needs at some point, and we wouldn't if it didn't.

Only if specific detailed discussions of it get too common or lengthy here,
and if it looked like we wouldn't be adopting it at all, then I would support
having a new mailing list.

--Jimbo
RE: mod_wiki [ In reply to ]
> >> Would anybody see the value in having a separate list for mod_wiki
> >> development questions/arguments?
> >>
> >> --
> >> "Jason C. Richey" <jasonr@bomis.com>
> >
> >Sounds good to me. Would you like to be its administrator?
>
> mod_wiki is intended to be a possible next generation of the Wikipedia
> software. Therefor, the most appropriate place to discuss it is here,
>
> Jonathan

Good. You, Erik and Jason should start Wikimod-l this week. Do you need
help setting it up?

Ed Poor
Re: mod_wiki [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 07:36:51PM +0100, Magnus Manske wrote:
>mod_wiki will be under GPL, yes?

Absolutely! As a Debian developer, I am committed to developing Free
Software wherever possible.

Jonathan

Re: mod_wiki [ In reply to ]
Jimmy Wales wrote:

>To clarify: Johnathan is working on mod_wiki for his own reasons,
>separate from Wikipedia, but would like for it to be useful for
>wikipedia too. He has indicated that his feelings won't be hurt if we
>don't switch to it. Obviously, we would switch to it if it best suits
>our needs at some point, and we wouldn't if it didn't.

I have been asked that question when writing Phase II, so I'll ask it
now (just to make sure):

mod_wiki will be under GPL, yes?

Magnus
Re: mod_wiki [ In reply to ]
Ed Poor wrote:

>Jonathan Walther wrote:

>>mod_wiki is intended to be a possible next generation of the Wikipedia
>>software. Therefor, the most appropriate place to discuss it is here,
>>not on some ghettoized mailing list somewhere else.

>Good. You, Erik and Jason should start Wikimod-l this week. Do you need
>help setting it up?

Erm, I think that you misread Jonathan's post if you responded this way, Ed.
He's *against* a separate <wikimod-l> list.

-- Toby