1. Store the interlanguage links in a table of the "source" language.
The normal links table might be sufficient.
2. Store the interlanguage links in a new database, shared by all languages.

#2 has IMHO several advantages:
* every language wiki software has to know only that location, instead
of cross-referencing with *all* other language databases
* faster access for multiple languages (e.g., show all pages in de,fr,eo
that link to en but are not linked back)
* can store other meta information (what's the name of the user
namespace in German etc.)
* no need to change the existing databases; every language needs to run
a script once to fill in the existing namespaces

I think this is getting high priority as more wikipedias are changed to
Phase III.

Magnus
Re: interlanguage links [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 12 May 2003, Andre Engels wrote:
> Some time ago, there was some discussion about a new form to put the
> interlanguage links in. It all looked very nice, but was not ready yet.
> Then followed a long (months?) period of silence. Is anything happening
> on this front at the moment?

Not at the moment. The code's still there (see SpecialIntl.php etc), if
anyone wants to work on cleaning it up and making it production-ready that
would be great.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: interlanguage links [ In reply to ]
Brion Vibber wrote:

>On Mon, 12 May 2003, Andre Engels wrote:
>

>>Some time ago, there was some discussion about a new form to put the
>>interlanguage links in. Is anything happening
>>on this front at the moment?
>>

>Not at the moment. The code's still there (see SpecialIntl.php etc), if
>anyone wants to work on cleaning it up and making it production-ready that
>would be great.

A quick fix in the meantime would be nice!
http://www.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2003-May/003727.html
Re: interlanguage links [ In reply to ]
--- tarquin <tarquin@planetunreal.com> wrote:

> Brion Vibber wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 12 May 2003, Andre Engels wrote:
> >

> >>Some time ago, there was some discussion about a
> new form to put the
> >>interlanguage links in. Is anything happening
> >>on this front at the moment?
> >>

> >Not at the moment. The code's still there (see
> SpecialIntl.php etc), if
> >anyone wants to work on cleaning it up and making
> it production-ready that
> >would be great.
> >

> A quick fix in the meantime would be nice!

http://www.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2003-May/003727.html

and again, as mentionned here
http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intermediate_solution_for_interlanguage_links

seconded

http://search.yahoo.com
Re: Re: interlanguage links [ In reply to ]
> > Brion Vibber wrote:
> >
> > >The code's still there (see
> > SpecialIntl.php etc), if
> > >anyone wants to work on cleaning it up and making
> > it production-ready that
> > >would be great.

That's my mess, I might have some time next week to cut it in shape ;-)

Everybody else is, of course, welcome!

Magnus
Jetzt bei WEB.DE FreeMail anmelden = 1qm Regenwald schuetzen! Helfen
Sie mit! Nutzen Sie den Serien-Testsieger. http://user.web.de/Regenwald