Email: djw@reactor-core.org
Webpage: http://reactor-core.org
Address: 2459 E 41st Ave, Vancouver, BC V5R2W2
Re: more on namespaces [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Nov 30, 2002 at 11:36:04PM -0800, Jonathan Walther wrote:
> Namespaces appear to exist so that actual encyclopedia articles can be
> distinguished from everything else. Instead of namespaces, could
> Wikipedia live with a flag that said "This is an article" for each
> article?

What is the problem you have with namespaces? Namespaces provide
much more information than a binary article/no article. Page layout
is different for talk than for user pages: User pages have links
like "user contributions". Talk pages have not. And image-pages
bevave very differently to the above. That's why there are namespaces.

JeLuF
Re: more on namespaces [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Dec 01, 2002 at 08:51:48AM +0100, Jens Frank wrote:
>What is the problem you have with namespaces? Namespaces provide
>much more information than a binary article/no article. Page layout
>is different for talk than for user pages: User pages have links
>like "user contributions". Talk pages have not. And image-pages
>bevave very differently to the above. That's why there are namespaces.

Thank you Jens. Thats the kind of information I was looking for.

Jonathan

--
Geek House Productions, Ltd.

Phone: 604-435-1205