Mailing List Archive

French Wikipedia is too slow
Anthere wrote:

> It is now more than a week that the french wikipedia
> is basically not usuable in the evening. All the usual
> evening participants don't participate any more.
> *This* is a *problem* to me.

Brion, would you please take a look at the French Wikipedia database. Is it tangle up with long-running queries? Is it slowed down by persistent connections?

Maybe it just needs a reboot. Jimbo talked recently about setting up a chron job to reboot it once an hour during certain hours of the day.

Ed Poor