From: Anthere <anthere5@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 22:22:02 -0800 (PST)
To: wikipedia-l@wikipedia.org
Subject: [Wikipedia-l] lags

I did not have to time to go through all the mails, so
I don't know if so raised the subject, but in spite of
the changes yesterday the lags on the fr.wiki are
horrible. Yesterday evening, it took between 5 to 20
mn to edit a page. I just saved a couple of them then
give up.

We had no contributions at all between 21h and 0h
which are usually the busiest time of the day. I guess
everybody just gave up.

This has been going on for several days now. The day
before, we got the message connexion error very often
for example.

People are getting very weary, and I am worried that
the contributions will drop tremendously if this goes
on for a long time. Most contributors are from Europe.
Most can only contribute in the evening. If it doesnot
go better, they will just stop. Meanwhile, the en.wiki
was not accessible for us either. But, I noticed it
was still working for some as people were
contributing. It was impossible on the french wiki.

I know you do your best. I saw on the announcement,
you made some change to improve the matter. Well,
yesterday, it was worse than ever : -(((