The Polish Wikipedia community would like to ask for setting up
Polish language mailing list.

We urgently need the list to help us improve our editorial process
and decision making.

We hope the new list can be open for our contributors ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Kpjas.
Re: Request for setting up of the Polish mailing list [ In reply to ]
I'll set this up today. My plan is to name you as the administrator
for the list. Please let me know if you would prefer not to be the
admin. Give me 5 minutes to set it up, but the posting address will
be:

WikiPL-l@wikipedia.org

and the subscription/info page will be:

Anybody else need a list?

Jason

"Jason C. Richey" <jasonr@bomis.com>
Re: Request for setting up of the Polish mailing list [ In reply to ]
Jason Richey <jasonr@bomis.com> writes:

> Anybody else need a list?

Yes, an english list to reduce traffic at wikipedia-l.

greetings,
elian
--
The first time M$ will produce something that doesn´t suck
is when they start making vacuum cleaners.
Re: Request for setting up of the Polish mailing list [ In reply to ]
Jason Richey wrote:

[cut]
> Anybody else need a list?

What about a maillinglist "announce-l@wikipedia.org ?
Only to announce software changes and other thing that have a inpact on
all wikipedia's. NOT for posting somthing about Lir, TMC or Helga.

Only for important things and well in advance. So when you come at home
you do not have to read 60 - 80 emails to find out what discissens are
made on the English maillinglist about your home wikipedia.

No posting for the genaral public. Not for discussion, only to announce.
Discussion -> Intlwiki-l

Of cource if nobody wants to use it, it is pointless.
---
Contact: giskart AT wikipedia.be
Ook een artikeltje schrijven? Wikipedia, de vrije GNU/FDL encyclopedie
http://www.wikipedia.be
Re: Request for setting up of the Polish mailing list [ In reply to ]
Now *this* is funny. I also propose that we have a meta policy list,
not to discuss policy, but to discuss policies on policies. That's
99% of what wikipedia-l is about. :-)

Re: Request for setting up of the Polish mailing list [ In reply to ]
Done. WikiEN-l@wikipedia.org, subscribe at

Again, I set the admin for the list to the person who requested it.
Let me know if this is a problem...

Jason

Re: Request for setting up of the Polish mailing list [ In reply to ]
Done. announce-l@wikipedia.org, subscribe at

Again, I set the admin for the list to the person who requested it.
Let me know if this is a problem...

I am also setting it so that only list members can post. We may want
to eventually make a list of people who can post, but I wouldn't know
who to include...

Jason

Re: Request for setting up of the Polish mailing list [ In reply to ]
I thought that was just a joke.

Re: Request for setting up of the Polish mailing list [ In reply to ]
Jimmy Wales wrote:

>I thought that was just a joke.

Nope, some guys from the de.wikipedia want to discuss the project
without hearing about TMC and related stuff in 95% of the mails...

Magnus
Re: Request for setting up of the Polish mailing list [ In reply to ]
Jimmy Wales wrote:

>I thought that was just a joke.

The request for <wikiEN-l>? That's no joke.
It's certainly still a controversial subject,
but there are a lot of us that think that such a list should exist,
and should take most of the traffic from <wikipedia-l>.
See, well, practically everything anthere's written lately.

-- Toby
Re: Request for setting up of the Polish mailing list [ In reply to ]
On 14-11-2002, Jason Richey wrote thusly :
> I'll set this up today. My plan is to name you as the administrator
> for the list. Please let me know if you would prefer not to be the
> admin. Give me 5 minutes to set it up, but the posting address will
> be:
>
> WikiPL-l@wikipedia.org
>
> and the subscription/info page will be:

Jason,

Thanks a lot for your quick response. I am sure Polish Wikipedians will
appreciate this mailing list.

Best regards,
Kpjas.
Re: Request for setting up of the Polish mailing list [ In reply to ]
"Jason Richey" skribis:

> Anybody else need a list?

Yes. Can you please set up a list for
Esperanto?
So we can stop using the yahoogroups-list ...

Paul