I get timeouts on both en and fr, and have gotten connection refused, for the
past half hour or so.

phma
Re: Wiki is down [ In reply to ]
Pierre Abbat wrote:
> I get timeouts on both en and fr, and have gotten connection refused, for the
> past half hour or so.

I've spent the last hour or so getting it more or less back online. I'm
running *extremely* late for class, so if it breaks again in the next
few hours, somebody else is gonna have to fix it.

I've disabled updating of the view count and site stats (two database
writes on every page view!) for the time being, in the hopes that this
will slightly improve performance. Since the db still descends into
uselessness after a couple minutes, I put the whole English wikipedia
temporarily into read-only mode.

It will automatically pop out after a couple hours when traffic should
be lower, or sooner if another developer wants to mess with it.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: Wiki is down [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 2002-11-11 at 23:20, Brion VIBBER wrote:

> I've disabled updating of the view count and site stats (two database
> writes on every page view!) for the time being, in the hopes that this
> will slightly improve performance.

Good idea, let's keep it like that for a few days and see if we can cope
better.

Regards,

Erik
--
FOKUS - Fraunhofer Insitute for Open Communication Systems
Project BerliOS - http://www.berlios.de