Mailing List Archive

H1
Ortolan88 wrote:

>Brion Vibber wrote:

>>Toby Bartels wrote:

>>>Actually, our headers *do* already impose a heirarchical structure.
>>>Turn on numbered headers in your user preferences to see it.
>>>This is a very desirable option IMO. No arguing is permitted
>>>unless it comes from people with that preference set ^_^.

>>Our headers impose no such thing. A misconceived "number headers"
>>feature, which users were so annoyed with that it was banished to
>>off-by-default and forgotten about by developers long long ago, attempts
>>futilely to impose such a thing.

The numbered headers option (which obviously should be off by *default*)
is great, I use it all the time. If the developers have forgotten about it,
then that's only because they don't read my posts to the mailing list
or SourceForge.

>The auto-number preference is still there, but doesn't work, it
>seems. As an old tech writer I can easily imagine situations where it
>might be useful, or at least I can imagine readers who would prefer
>it. But I don't think it's all that important.

Why do you say that it doesn't work?
It has one bug (IMO), in that it doesn't turn itself on
unless there are headers of different sizes in the same article.
Otherwise it works for me.

-- Toby
Re: H1 [ In reply to ]
Toby Bartels wrote:

>>The auto-number preference is still there, but doesn't work, it
>>seems. As an old tech writer I can easily imagine situations where it
>>might be useful, or at least I can imagine readers who would prefer
>>it. But I don't think it's all that important.
>>
>Why do you say that it doesn't work?
>It has one bug (IMO), in that it doesn't turn itself on
>unless there are headers of different sizes in the same article.
>Otherwise it works for me.

Thanks. I keep it on in my options, and wondered why it only worked
some of the time.
Eclecticology