Mailing List Archive

mysql issues
There are 4 issues standing between polish wikipedia and phase 3
software.

One is automatic conversion of &#codes; are requires just a small
patch, which has been sent by me already.

Second is support for H1 (don't say that it is reserved for page
titles, CSS already treats H1 and H1.pagetitle different).

Two others are MySQL issues:
* MySQL doesn't search UTF-8 right.
* Wikipedia should be mirrorable and MySQL database dumps are not
really convenient way.

Afair MySQL 4.1 is supposed to fix the first, and there is some
patch already that fixes that, so could you investigate that stuff ?

Mirroring by downloading dumps is very inconvenient,
making nightly patches of dump file available is bare minimum.
But in longer term some better solution should be developed.

Anyway, I'm for setting up final setup instalation as soon as
&#code; and H1 issue is fixed. MySQL issues may be hard to fix
and nothing really critical would happen if they were fixed a few
weeks later.